Mailbox Monday!

This month Mailbox Monday is hosted by Knitting and Sundries:

I didn't get anything in the mail this week, but I did buy quite a few books at the Goodwill 50% off day this Saturday.


Here they are:




Temple Grandin, Thinking in Pictures











Jennifer McMahon, Promise Not To Tell










Natalie Goldberg, Old Friend from Far Away










Roald Dahl, The Twits










Rebekah Nathan, My Freshman Year










Sarah Waters, The Little Stranger










Sean Wilsey, Oh The Glory of it All











Madeline L'Engle, A Wrinkle in Time and A Wind in the Door








I also went to the Scholastic Book Sale at work and bought:
Kami Garcia, Beautiful Creatures
Walter Dean Myers, Sunrise over Fallujah

and some kids' books as gifts.

Finally, I ordered Anne Murphy Paul Origins: How the Nine Months Before Birth Shape the Rest of Our Lives and it came in, so I have to go pick it up, even though I bought a ton of books this week.

I think I pretty much covered every genre that I read in my shopping this week: Literary fiction, children's books, YA, Memoir, Nonfiction.  Overall, I bought too many books this week, but at least most of them were really cheap:)

Comments

  1. Ah, The Twits...that takes me back :) Can't wait to hear what you think of the Temple Grandin book. Have you seen the TV movie? It was amazing. Would love to read that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great, eclectic list! NEVER feel guilty about buying "too many" books if you're able to get them at a great price! (anyway, that's what I always try to tell myself!)

    Enjoy the reads!

    Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments. Thanks for making me a happy blogger.

Popular Posts