Book Blogger Hop- Anticipating in 2011

Book Blogger Hop
Over at Crazy-For-Books, home of the book blogger hop, this week's question is:





 "What book are you most looking forward to seeing published in 2011?  Why are you anticipating that book?"

There are two books that I am really looking forward to this year.  
 Karen Russell, Swamplandia (February 1, 2011)
Tea Obreht, The Tiger's Wife ( March 8, 2011)


Both of these young, female writers appeared in the New Yorker's Top 20 Under 40 Fiction Issue. Both of these books have great premises.   Russell's book centers around an alligator wrestling theme park called Swamplandia that is threatened by another park -The World of Darkness. Obreht's focuses on a young female doctor, on a mission haunted by history.  Both of these writers are about my age, with  female protagonists.  I felt like last year I heard a lot of buzz about young male author's, and this year, I'm happy to see the women getting buzz.  Both these books look exciting and fresh and I can't wait to read them. 
 

Comments

  1. I'm not familiar with these, but they sound really interesting! Plus, it's neat that the authors of emerging novelists under 40... Thanks for visiting my blog earlier. I'm about to become a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower here! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hadn't yet seen that NYTimes list, but now I've been reminded to check it out. I really enjoy your blog; looking forward to more great posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm a new follower! I've looked through and really like the types of books you choose. I look forward to your reviews!

    -Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't heard of Swamplandia but The Tiger's Wife is one that I'd like to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both my husband and I listened to Karen Russell's short story "St. Lucy's School for Girls Raised by Wolves" (or something on that order!) on selected shorts, and got hooked on her quirky, spooky sensibilities. I hope the new one's as surprisingly well wrought! Thanks for stopping by on the blog hop!
    L
    http://whatsheread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The book I’m most expecting in 2011 is by an author I crossed off my “Favorite author” list.

    He’s back on that list now.

    Who’s the author? Raymond Feist? What’s the book? A Kindgom Besieged.

    Hop on over to my website to read all about it – http://www.howardsherman.net

    Howard A. Sherman, Implementor
    Get Inside a Story
    http://www.inthestory.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of either of these, but they sound intriguing. I'm looking forward to a bunch of YA books that are coming out in 2011.

    Glad to have found you via the Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just hopping by! I am going to check into the books you mentioned. I am a new follower. :)

    Reading Lark's Hop Post

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard of these, but the covers look great (I judge by the cover). Happy reading with these books.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments. Thanks for making me a happy blogger.

Popular Posts