Top Ten Tuesday: Inspiring Characters
10. Azar in Reading Lolita in Tehran- for being the kind of teacher I can only hope to be.
9. Offred in The Handmaid's Tale - for reminding us how important stories can be.
8. Marjane in Persepolis - for moving through what is hard, and never forgetting what is funny.
7. Abdulrahman Zeitoun in Zeitoun - for caring about others at a time that it would have been absolutely forgivable to care only about himself.
6. Ma in Room- for sacrificing her sanity so Jack could have his.
5. Tiny Cooper in Will Grayson Will Grayson- for rocking in the face of adversity.
4. Bone Boatwright in Bastard Out Of Carolina - for being a survivor.
3. Elizabeth Bennett in Pride and Prejudice: for choosing to make a choice.
2. Huck Finn in The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn: for making friends with whomever he wants and for having the guts to "light out for the territory."
1. Hester Prynne in The Scarlet Letter: for choosing exile over conventionality and betrayal.