Top Ten Tuesday: Lovey Dovey

This week's topic at the Broke and Bookish is Top Ten Favorite Love Stories in Books.  I got to include some of my favorite "fun reads" in this one and realized that I have read more romance than I thought.  Enjoy!

10. Megan McCafferty, Sloppy Firsts 
Marcus Flutie and Jessica Darling get my teeny-bopper heartbeat going.  I really love these books, and I sort of grew up with them.

9. David Nicholls, One Day
Emma and Dexter felt like real people to me, and I turned every page hoping they would end up together forever.
8. Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
There's nothing wrong with the obvious.  Elizabeth Bennett and Darcy belong on a list like this.
7. Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games
Team Peeta!



6. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations
I really rooted for Pip and Estella.  She's cold, but maybe?


5. William Shakespeare, Midsummer Night's Dream
MND is one of my favorite Shakespeare plays.  It is all about romance (and a wonderful playful companion to R & J, by the way).  My favorite couple?  Titania and Oberon.



4. Jane Green, Jemima J
I'm a sucker for smart chick-lit.  It's my guilty pleasure and this is one of my favorites.


3. Jennifer Weiner, Good in Bed
This is my other favorite.


2. Ann M. Martin, The Babysitter's Club
I love Mary Anne and Logan.  She was always my favorite babysitter...and she got dreamy Logan?!

1. Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter
Here it is, my favorite love triangle.  I'm team Dimmesdale.  As if anyone would be team Chillingsworth?

Comments

  1. I forgot Mary Anne and Logan! I can't believe it! There was genuinely a point in the last week when i was going to include them, and then they must have flown entirely out of my head. I am the biggest Babysitters club nerd ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list! So much variety!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One Day and Midsummer Night's Dream made my list as well. I should really read The Scarlett Letter already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hoped Pip would lose the fantasy of the rich chick. He deserved much more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, the BSC! I also liked Kristy & Bart as a couple in later books :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments. Thanks for making me a happy blogger.

Popular Posts