The Sunday Salon: July in Review

I'm back from my short break, still grading, but glad to be blogging.  July was a decent, but not great reading month for me.  It was good in terms of quality, but not so much in terms of productivity. I do have a couple things still to review.  I'm hoping for a more productive August since I'm not at work for a couple weeks.



 

Here is what I read in July:

1. Emma Straub, Other People We Married  
(my review here). 
2.  Banana Yoshimoto, The Lake
(my review here). 
3.  David Levithan, The Lover's Dictionary
(my review here). 
4. Megan McCafferty, Bumped
5. Ryan Bradley, Prize Winners
6. Lola Shoneyin, The Secret Lives of Baba Segi's Wives 

My favorite read:  Other People We Married, but like I said, it was a pretty good quality month.
My least favorite read: The Secret Lives of Baba Segi's Wives (review to come)

Number of ARCs read: 2
Percentage fiction read: 100%

Currently reading:
1. Sena Jeter Naslund, Adam and Eve for a TLC tour
2. Benjamin Hale, The Evolution of Bruno Littlemore, which I love
3. Peter Mountford, A Young Man's Guide to Late Capitalism, my current e-read
4. Annie Murphy Paul, Origins: How the Nine Months Before Birth Shape the Rest of Our Lives
5. Stacey Schiff, Cleopatra: A Life (audiobook)

What are you reading this Sunday?

Comments

  1. Good reading month! I'm curious about Other People We Married.

    Here's MY SUNDAY SALON POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very intrigued by some of the books on your July list... Taking note of a few of them.

    Right now I'm reading Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood. I like it a lot so far but I feel like I've had no time to read lately - every day I've had off for the past few weeks I've had people visiting, and you can't exactly say to houseguests, "Excuse me, but I need a few hours to go read, so just occupy yourself while I'm gone." But I'm hoping that next weekend I will really get some time to myself to relax and read.

    Here's to hoping your August reads are as good as July!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I slacked off in June and July in terms of reading. I had such big plans for this summer in terms of reading, and have barely made a dent. Emma Straub's is on my list. Glad to hear another reviewer liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Creations: Thanks for stopping by. I definitely thought it was a slow reading month, but was surprised at how productive I actually was.

    @Rayna: I have wanted to read Oryx and Crake for years. I love Handmaid's Tale.

    @ Short Story Slore: I think you will like Emma Straub. I thought her stories were delightful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments. Thanks for making me a happy blogger.

Popular Posts