Sunday Salon: June in Review

My Sunday Salon post this week is a state of the blog post:  June in Review.








Books Read in June:
1. Myra McEntire, Hourglass (my review here)
2. Jackson Pearce, Sisters Red (audiobook)
3. Rachel Simon, Story of Beautiful Girl (my review here)
4. Jay Asher, Thirteen Reasons Why (audiobook)
5. Francoise Sagan, Bonjour Tristesse (my review here)
6. Jeffrey Schwartz and Rebecca Gladding, M.D.s, You Are Not Your Brain (my review here)
7. Kamala Nair, The Girl in the Garden (my review here)

Total pages: 1452 (not counting audiobooks)

Fiction: 6/7
Review Copies: 4/7

My favorite read: Rachel Simon, Story of Beautiful Girl

My least favorite read: Jay Asher, Thirteen Reasons Why (I know, everyone else loves it.  I will eventually review it).

Analysis:
June was a really productive reading month for me even though it didn't feel like it.  I've been reading lots more review copies this summer, which is a time that I usually reserve for tackling chunksters.  This summer I have been attracted towards slim little books and e-books.  Not sure why; I'm just going with it.

Currently Reading:
1. Lola Shoneyin, The Secret Lives of Baba Segi's Wives
2. Peter Mountford, A Young Man's Guide to Late Capitalism
3. Annie Paul Murphy,  Origins: How the Nine Months Before Birth Shape the Rest of Our Lives

Comments

  1. I love short books! Of the list you have posted, I have only read Bonjour Tristesse.

    Enjoy your reading in July.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm noticing that a few bloggers have either just finished Baba Segi's Wives or have it on their reading lists for this week. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments. Thanks for making me a happy blogger.

Popular Posts