Top Ten Tuesday is a blogging activity that involves listing and books, and it is hosted weekly by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week, they've asked us to list the top ten trends we would like to see more or less of.
4. Series. I don't want to read a series. I can barely read a number of books by the same author. I'm trying to be a less shallow reader, but also trying to read widely. Oh the dilemma.
3. E-books published as PDFs. I much prefer e-pub. Please more e-pub.
1. Making movies of books right after the book comes out. This seems to be happening in YA when books are bought as a package deal with their film rights. This is great for authors, but I like to read the book before seeing the movie, and this trend makes me feel rushed.
**Note: I've never read the book in the picture. It might be awesome, but what's with the cover?
A VISIT FROM THE GOON SQUAD.
4. Unconventional narrative points of view, like the monkey perspective in THE EVOLUTION OF BRUNO LITTLEMORE.
3. Dystopian books for adults, like the ones the MARGARET ATWOOD writes.
2. PENGUIN EDITIONS with beautiful covers.
1. Short books- novellas- like those published by MELVILLE HOUSE.
What trends in books do you love or hate?