My Brief Thoughts on Tina Fey, Bossypants
Author: Tina Fey
Publisher: Reagan Arthur an imprint of Little, Brown
Genre: Celebrity Memoir, Humor
Where I got it: Bought it.
Oh Tina Fey! What can I say? I love you, even with man hands.
I'm feeling unconventional today, so I will make a list of 10 reasons to love Tina Fey, like I do:
10. After reading the book, you will adopt the phrase "crotch biscuits" and laugh every time you even think it...like I just did.
9. Because even the "advance praise" on the back of the dust jacket is laugh out loud funny.
8. Because of the chart on page 186 displaying the "daily stress level of various jobs" which places television writing significantly below "managing a Chili's on a Friday night," and only slightly above "being a baby."
7. Because she is so lovingly self-effacing.
6. There is a chapter where she answers letters to people who are mean to her over the internet. I was laughing on the airplane. I hate airplanes and rarely laugh on them.
5. Bossypants is perfect airplane reading. Or beach reading. Or anywhere reading.
4. 30 Rock is a really great show. If you haven't seen it, you should. It is interesting to read about how it is written and produced. Tina Fey is a rockstar for creating it.
3. There is a chapter on "Remembrances of Being a Little Bit Fat," which includes the following bullet points: "Even though I only liked McDonald's fries, I believed it was more nutritious to make a meal of it and have two cheeseburgers as well" and "I wore oversize men's overalls that I loved." I've been there.
2. Tina Fey impersonates Sarah Palin. She talks about it in here.
1. In all seriousness, Tina Fey is kind of awesome. She is a successful woman in a world (comedy) that has been dominated by men for a long time. She is a loving mother. She is self-deprecating, but in a way that makes her reader feel like she is you and has been you, and you are her. She isinspiring...and funny.