Portland Book Loot!

I went to Portland over the long weekend.  I have been many times before.  It is one of my favorite bookish cities to visit.  I read Bossypants on the plane, so there will be a review soonish.

Here are the books I picked up mostly at the lovely Powells:

I know the picture is terrible, so go ahead and click the link if you wish to purchase any of these lovelies for your own:

From Powells:
Vanessa Vaselka, Zazen
Philip K. Dick, Ubik
Chad Harbach, The Art of Fielding
Blake Butler, There is No Year
Colin Meloy and Carson Ellis, Wildwood
China Mieville, Embassytown
Morgan Matson, Amy and Roger's Epic Detour
Patrick Ness, The Knife of Never Letting Go

Borrowed from the friend I was staying with:
Mary Doria Russell, The Sparrow


Do you all buy this many books on vacation?  Do you pack an extra big suitcase to accommodate?

Comments

  1. I would gladly live in Powell's, it is my favorite store in the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good book haul! I was in Paris a few months ago and stopped in at Shakespeare and Company 'just to look around' - of course I found some fabulous books that just HAD to come home with me ;) Good thing I had a large carry-on bag because my suitcase was about ready to pop.

    Buying books while traveling is just another way to bring home memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice haul. Ubik is amazing and one of PKD's best books. I really hope you enjoy this one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments. Thanks for making me a happy blogger.

Popular Posts