Top Ten Tuesday: Recommendations


This week at The Broke and the Bookish, they are asking us TTTers to make some recommendations. Here is the topic:

Top Ten Books I'd Recommend for People Who Don't Read X

For me, X = American Literary Fiction (classic and contemporary) - In no particular order...here are a bunch of mostly dead, mostly white guys that I love to read.



11. Ralph Ellison, The Invisible Man
10.  Theodore Dreiser, Sister Carrie
9. Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises
8.  F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
7. Flannery O'Connor, A Good Man is Hard to Find
6.  Toni Morrison, Beloved
5. Frank Norris, McTeague
4.  William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury
3. Don DeLillo, White Noise
2.Mark Twain, Pudd'nhead Wilson
1. Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter

I know, I have eleven.  Whaddya gonna do:)

Comments

Popular Posts