Broke and the Bookish hosts Top Ten Tuesday each week and the topic for today is: Top Ten Books to Read in a Day. Here are mine:
10. David Levithan, The Lover's Dictionary: I spent an afternoon at a coffee shop reading this, and it was lovely.
9. John Green, The Fault in Our Stars: Just let yourself have all the emotions, all at once.
8. Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol: This would make a lovely Christmas tradition...maybe one day.
7. Thomas Pynchon, The Crying of Lot 49: I actually think this needs to be read in one sitting; that is my suggestion for making sense of it.
6. Thomas Harris, Red Dragon: I read this in bed one day when I had mono. That's not a terribly fond memory, but the book did distract me from the pain.
5. Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games: I almost didn't put this, but duh.
4. Craig Thompson, Blankets: Another lovely afternoon at the coffee shop...
3. Ryan Bradley, Code for Failure: I just finished this one on a couple of treadmill sessions.
2. Grace Dent, How to Leave Twitter: And I finished this one a couple of airplanes, and it actually managed to distract me (I'm a nervous flyer:)).
1. Maira Kalman, And the Pursuit of Happiness: And my loveliest afternoon at the coffee shop.
What books have you read in one day?