06 September 2012

R.I.P: Or, How I Can't Resist A Challenge

Just last post I was talking about how I can't resist making lists even though I'm terrible at completing them.  And here I am again, signing up to make another list.  I love all things FALL though, so I'm really excited about R.I.P (Readers Imbibing Peril) hosted at Stainless Steel Droppings.

I am signing up for this level:


The challenge here is to read two books that fit into the R.I.P categories, which according to the challenge post are as follows:

"Mystery.
Suspense.
Thriller.
Dark Fantasy.
Gothic.
Horror.
Supernatural.
Or anything sufficiently moody that shares a kinship with the above."

So, here is a pile of possibles:

Justin Cronin, The Passage
Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights
Truman Capote, In Cold Blood
Natsuo Kirino, Out
Stephen King, The Stand

Also on my I-Pad:
Megan Abbott, Dare Me
Gillian Flynn, Dark Places

Do you like to read different genres at different times of the year?  Will you be joining R.I.P?

4 comments:

  1. I, too, love Fall AND making lists (even if I don't complete half of the items lol) ... but, anyway, I just wanted to say that I've read the Passage and thought it was FANTASTIC!!! It's got a great deal of *depth* and well-processed characters. Hope you enjoy it, too <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a dignified and controlled little selection pile. Like a normal person would have! Ahem... I recommend The Stand, although it does take AGES to read so you might not get through a lot more than that for the challenge! Oh, and Wuthering Heights is obviously AMAZING :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is rather restrained isn't it? I have SO many more books. I just wanted to take a picture and didn't want to spend too much time pulling them off the shelf and putting them back on.

      Delete
  3. I am thrilled that you couldn't resist! :) Welcome to RIP VII!!! Isn't fall such a great time? The world starts to go to sleep and the urge for creepy literature just reaches out and grabs you! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for making me a happy blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Add This

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Travel the World: Europe kit by Studio JMdesigns