September Weigh Loss Check In
|This is a terrible picture. However, if you are here for books, you can see lots.|
Current weight: 160-162 fluctuating
I've decided that I am going to check in about weight loss on the blog about once a month. So, for those here for book reviews, they won't be too overwhelming.
I've lost about 6 pounds in the past month, which isn't bad at all. I would like to have lost more, but I am experiencing some other stuff that indicates that my body is changing more than the scale is reflecting:
- My clothes, especially my pants are fitting more comfortably, although I haven't gone down any sizes.
- I feel more comfortable in child's pose in yoga class, which is a big indicator for me.
- I have more endurance while exercising, both in terms of cardiovascular and muscular strength. I've been taking the same Pilates/Barre Fitness class for almost two years, and I'm just finally feeling like I can really do *almost* all the exercises without fatiguing.
1. Two Zumba classes/ week
2. Three yoga classes/week
3. Two Pilates/Barre classes/week
4. One hip hop class
5. 1-2 cardio sessions at the gym
I am enjoying my current exercise schedule, although I will probably need to add some more vigorous cardio (lie running...blah) at some point. I have lousy joints, so I have to be careful not to do too much to soon. The big challenge is keeping it up into the winter, when my 7:00 a.m class starts to seem really early.
Anyway, I'm feeling pretty good right now, although there are some discouraging days. Thank you all for reading, and helping me to stay accountable:)