Top Ten Tuesday: Top of the Heap

The topic for Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, this week is Top Ten Authors in X Genre.

So, here are my TOP TEN SHORT STORY WRITERS:

10. Flannery O'Connor
Favorite story:  "Good Country People"
9. Joyce Carol Oates
Favorite story: "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?"
8. Nathanial Hawthorne
Favorite story: "Young Goodman Brown"
7. T. C. Boyle
Favorite story: "After the Plague"
6. Edgar Allen Poe
Favorite Story: "Fall of the House of Usher"
5. John Cheever
Favorite Story: "The Swimmer"
4. Steven Millhauser:
Favorite Story: "The Room in the Attic"
3. Annie Proulx
Favorite Story: "Brokeback Mountain"
2. Tim O'Brien
Favorite Story: "How to Tell a True War Story"
1. Herman Melville
Favorite Story: "Bartleby the Scrivener"

I tried to link to full-text versions of the story when I could find them.  Some of the sources are a bit better than others. 

Comments

  1. New follower! I love that you have Edgar Allen Poe on this list!

    Check out my TTT.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments. Thanks for making me a happy blogger.

Popular Posts