Top Ten Tuesday: YA/Middle Grade Recommendations

The topic this week for Top Ten Tuesday is Top Ten Books you would recommend to readers who haven't tried __________.  I chose YA/Middle Grade (I don't read enough of either one individually to make the whole list), not because I am an expert, but because I am a novice.  And, if you are also a novice, you might  like these books as well.  And if you are a YA aficionado and would like to make some more recommendations for me in the comments, I can't wait to read them!



10. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins *:  My YA gateway drug.  I mean, I'm pretty sure that everyone has read it, but maybe not?
9. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys:  This is not to be confused with 50 Shades of Grey... a Lithuanian teenager is sent with her family to Siberian work campus during WWII.
8. When You Reach Me by Rebeccca Stead:  Lovely middle grade about time travel and other awesomeness.
7. Girl Goddess #9  by Francesca Lia Block:  I actually can't vouch at all for how this holds up, but I can tell you that when I was an actual teenager, I had a big, fat girl crush on FLB.



6. Butter by Erin Jade Lange: A unique bullying story.  Well-written and unexpected.
5.  Ask the Passengers by A.S. King:  A novel about sexuality that doesn't resort to stereotypes.  A.S. King is a little bit magical.
4. Eleanor and Park  by Rainbow Rowell:  RR rocks.  I have a big, fat girl crush on her now.



3. Anya's Ghost by Vera Brosgol: Because there are great YA graphic novels, too.
2. Wonder  by R. J. Palacio:  I'm happy that people are writing books like this, and even happier that people are reading them.
1. Will Grayson Will Graysoby John Green and David Levithan:  This is the ultimate YA book for me.  I really love it.  The characters' quirky personalities continue to stick with me.  It rocks.

Writing this list put me in the mood to read some YA or middle grade.  What should I pick up next?

*The links are to my reviews when available.
** The images in this post link to my Powell's partner account.  Click on them to purchase the books and support my blog. 

Comments

Post a Comment

I love your comments. Thanks for making me a happy blogger.

Popular Posts