August in Review

Oh, August!  What a sad reading month you were!




*These images link to my Powell's partner account.  Click them to purchase books and support this blog.
 
See, I only read/listened to two books this month. There were a lot of other stops and starts, but these are the only two I came through on.

1. Laline Paull, The Bees: This was a "buzzy" book (ha, see what I did there?), which I kept reading about around the interwebs.  I got it from the library and gobbled it up.  It has a lesser- Handmaid's Tale vibe, but with bees.  It was a great late summer read, but wasn't memorable.  When I was getting ready to write this post, I couldn't remember what the one book that I read this month even was.  Take it to the beach, but don't expect it to come with you into back home.

 2014/ Ecco/ 352 pages/ Public Library

2. Jesse Bering, Perv: The Sexual Deviant in All of Us (audiobook): This is exactly the kind of audiobook I love to listen to: full of fun factoids with a sense of humor and some decent socio/psychological investigation.  Bering investigates societal attitudes to a variety of so-called sexual perversions and their historical contexts.  This is a great listen for fans of Mary Roach.

2013/ Macmillan Audio/ 6 hours 56 minutes/ Audible

So, that's it for this month.  Here's to a better September.

Comments

Popular Posts