10. 4-5 p.m. is totally no man's land for me as a stay at home mom. I don't know what to do with myself or my kid. Usually she sits in a bouncer while I scroll through FB (I know, terrible). I am totally open to suggestions for what to do with myself.
9. I did check out this gem from my public library...
7. I'm reading a bunch of stuff right now, and am about 75% through all of it: Lena Dunham's essay book, Aziz Ansari's Modern Romance, and The Empathy Exams. I keep the books in different places around the house, so if I'm nursing or rocking G, I can always pick up a book. One is on my phone so I can read it in the dark before bed.
6. Saw The Martian! Didn't fall asleep! Victory!
5. Really liked The Martian. I loved the book when I read it last year, and the movie really captured the tone and the excitement.
4. If you are a new parent, this podcast is the thing.
BabyLit books, but G is especially into this one because it features dudes with facial hair. No joke, kid loves facial hair. This bodes well for the $50 Santa portrait session that I just signed up for.
2. The reality of my maternity leave ending is finally setting in. This means two things: 1. A day will come when I have to wear pants with a waistband; 2. I need to start coming up with a plan to prep my classes.
1. I really hope that I teach a class next semester in which I can teach Tim O'Brien, The Things They Carried. I have come to the conclusion that it is my favorite book to teach.
How was your week this week? What's new in your bookish or non-bookish life?
Thanks to Christine at Bookishly Boisterous for hosting.