The Sunday Salon: May In Review
1. Jennifer Egan, A Visit From The Goon Squad
2. Anne Carson, The Autobiography of Red
3. Craig Thompson, Blankets
4. Bret Easton Ellis, Imperial Bedrooms
5. Laurie Halse Anderson, Speak
6. Mark Haddon, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
7. Kelle Groom, I Wore the Ocean in the Shape of a Girl (Review on June 7th)
8. Rebecca Stead, When You Reach Me
9. Rebecca Makkai, The Borrower (Review on June 13th)
Here are some random facts about the readings:
Total pages: 2350
Total # of books under 200 pages: 4 (I'm kind of on a short books kick right now)
# of ARCs: 2
# of TBRs: 5
# of Library Books: 2
Favorite book of the month: It's a toss up. I loved both Autobiography of Red and A Visit From the Good Squad.
Least favorite: Probably, Kelle Groom, which I haven't reviewed yet. It isn't that I hated it, I just didn't like it as much as the others.
June is looking like it is going to be a busy reading month as well. I am doing a couple of TLC tours and I signed up for the readalong of Vanity Fair at A Literary Odyssey, which I thought was in July and panicked a little when I realized that it was in June. I also still have a pile of lovely short books calling my name from my shelves so I'm hoping to read at least a couple from this list:
Grace Krilanovich, The Orange Eats Creeps
Francoise Sagan, Bonjour Tristesse
Shane Jones, Light Boxes
Francois Lelord, Hector and the Search for Happiness
So, I'll definitely be doing some reading...and summer school starts tomorrow. What will you be reading next month?