Post-Readathon Recap

Yea! I did some reading for the readathon!


End of event meme:

  1. Which hour was most daunting for you? I was pretty grumpy in the morning because I wanted to get started.  Also, my last hour was hard and I started to doze off and my dreams were melding with the book.
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Last time I participated, I found graphic novels to be really engaging, and easy to read even during moments of brain fatigue.  Some of my favorites: Persepolis, The Sandman, Fun Home...
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? I think it's great.
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? Everything!
  5. How many books did you read? 1, and parts of two others (422 pages).
  6. What were the names of the books you read? Last Night at the Lobster, Frankenstein, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
  7. Which book did you enjoy most? Miss Peregrine's
  8. Which did you enjoy least? Frankenstein, for readathon purposes, although I love the book.  It's slow going, especially in the Norton edition that I have, and it made me feel like I wasn't getting anything done.
  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? I really enjoyed being a cheerleader.  It took me to some blogs I hadn't been to before, and gave me a better idea of the scope of the whole thing.  There are so many participants!  I think next year, I will log in to Twitter more and get involved there.
  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I will be participating as a reader I'm sure.  I would love to host a mini-challenge, but I've got to come up with a good idea.

Comments

  1. Greta job on the Readathon. I'm sorry I didn't make it here to cheer for you. I was assigned the C - G blog names and by the time I got to the end of that list my eyes were practically closed because I have a terrible, icky cold.

    I want to read Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children so I'm happy to read it was your favorite readathn book. Graphic novels are a great idea for the readathon. I have to remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations for a great, great Read-A-Thon!! Hope you had lots of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frankenstein is distubingly slow- I don't think I could have read it for the readathon because I'd be like '170 pages in 6 hours? Really, self?' and would have probably just given up! Congrats on readathoning :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments. Thanks for making me a happy blogger.

Popular Posts