Top Ten Tuesday: Looking Ahead

Picasso, "Woman Reading"
This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic over at the Broke and the Bookish is: Top Ten Books You Are Looking Forward to in 2012.

I'm really going to try to read more backlist books that I have in 2012, so I'm going to split this list into two categories: new releases that I'm anticipating and books from my shelves that I'm excited to read.


NEW RELEASES:

5. John Green, The Fault in Our Stars (January 10th):  I heart John Green, so I pre-ordered this months ago.  The main character in this one is terminally ill and it is sure to be a tear jerker, but I'm looking forward to it nonetheless.

4. Adam Levin, Hot Pink (March 13th):  Although I haven't read Levin's BEHEMOTH debut, The Instructions, I'm still looking forward to this short story collection that has been getting buzz for a while now.

3. Lauren Groff, Arcadia (March 13th):  I have an ARC of this one and I like the concept: portrait of a commune meets sprawling family drama.


2. Toni Morrison, Home (May 8th):  I haven't read as much Toni Morrison as I would like to, but I still looking forward to this new release that sounds thematically similar to many of her past works.

1. Beth Revis, A Million Suns (January 10th):  This is the second in the YA series that began with Across the Universe, which I read for review last year and liked a surprising amount.  I'm hearing good things about this continuation of Revis' space odyssey.


FROM THE SHELVES:


5. Jonathan Safran Foer, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close: With the movie coming out, I think it is time to remedy the fact that I haven't read either of Foer's books.

4. Jeffrey Eugenides, The Marriage Plot:  I couldn't wait for this to come out, so I think it is going to be coming up soon in my reading.


3. Nicole Krauss, The History of Love:  Here is another book that I hear nothing but all GOOD THINGS about, and I still haven't read it.

2. W. Somerset Maugham, The Painted Veil:  This is on the list for one of the challenges I'm signed up for, and I'm really anticipating reading it.  I liked the movie a lot, and I really am eager this year to get back to things published before I was born.

1. Donna Tartt, The Secret History: Again, this is for a challenge that I've signed up for and it has been sitting on my shelves FOREVER.  It's lived in at least two houses with me.


What do you plan to read in 2012?  New releases you are looking forward to?  Some old dusty lurkers on your shelves?

Comments

Popular Posts