Dewey's Read-a-thon Wrap-up

I am a little late to the party for wrapping up the 24 Hour Read-a-Thon, but I still want to do my end of event survey.  I had a great time participating yesterday.  Here's what I read:




1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
I always think that afternoon is the hardest.  It is a good time to read outside the house I think- go to a coffee shop, or hit the gym. 
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
I love YA, graphic novels, and short short stories.  The last few books I've read in one sitting?  Emma Donoghue, Room; John Green, The Fault in Our Stars; and Maira Kalman, And the Pursuit of Happiness
3.Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Nope, I think it is awesome.  I loved the posts leading up in preparation this year. 
4.What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
See above.  I also love the Twitter presence.
5.How many books did you read? What were the names of the books you read?
I read three and they are above. 
6.Which book did you enjoy most? Which did you enjoy least?
My favorite was Eleanor and Park, and my least favorite was the Lasdun.  It is short, but not really suited to the read-a-thon, especially late in the day.
7. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
I wasn't a cheerleader.
8.How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? I will definitely be participating as long as I don't have other plans.  This is my favorite bloggish event.
9.What role would you be likely to take next time?Definitely reader, maybe cheerleader, and there is a very small possibility I might try to host a mini-challenge. 

Comments

  1. I just got Eleanor and Park from the library today. I'm excited to read it, maybe this weekend. I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments. Thanks for making me a happy blogger.

Popular Posts