Two totally different, but recent, reads...

Click on the images to buy the books from Powell's


1. Peggy Orenstein/ Waiting for Daisy: A Tale of Two Continents, Three Religions, Five Infertility Doctors, and Oscar, an Atomic Bomb, a Romantic Night, and One Woman's Quest to Become a Mother/ Bloomsbury/ 2007/ 226 pages/ library

This memoir tells the story of writer Peggy Orenstein's long and difficult journey through infertility treatment.  From the title, the reader knows that she does eventually succeed in having a child (although to find out how, you will need to read the book).  I read Orenstein's book Cinderella Ate My Daughter, so I knew that I liked her voice as a writer, and she is a great guide through this difficult topic.

2. Veronica Roth/ Divergent/ Katherine Tegan Books/ 2012/ 487 pages/ bought

Pretty much everyone has already read Divergent, so I'm pretty late to this party.  I thought that the story was fun, and the conceit of the dystopia was pretty interesting.  I'll definitely be reading the best of the series, and seeing the movies, since, after all, The Hunger Games is almost over.

Comments

Popular Posts