Top Ten Books that I Have Quit...But Would Like to Pick Up Again

I did my own twist on the TTT topic today. Majoring in English and getting a graduate degree meant lots of weekly reading, and not always finishing. 


These are books I liked enough to hope to return to them someday.


10.  Underworld by Don DeLillo:  I have read half of this book three times, but always feel compelled to start at the beginning with each reread.
9. Gravity's Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon:  We read this for my book club right before G was born.  I got about 250 pages (or 1/4 of the way) in.  I really want to devote the time to the book that it deserves, and my third trimester was not that time.
8. Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace:  Are  you sensing a theme?  REALLLY long books might not be my thing.
7. Catch 22 by Joseph Heller:  I think I got the gist of this one, but I would like read the whole thing.
6. The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy:  This was one of the last books on MA exam study list.  I was pretty sure that no one was going to ask me about it, but I wanted to finish anyway...and I didn't.
5. Middlemarch by George Eliot:  I have actually read this all the way through once.  I was going to read it again for a class in graduate school, and just didn't make it through the second read.  I would still like to return to it.
4. Bleak House by Charles Dickens:  And again, long books, not my thing.  I usually say I read this, because I think I made it to the end, but there was a lot of skimming/speed reading involved...

I can't think of a top three, but this is a robust TBR.  What books did you start and life just got in the way?

Comments

Popular Posts