Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts

Thanks, Christine, for hosting!

10.  I love Thanksgiving.  Mostly because it is about family and food.  We had a friendsgiving, a potluck for G's (my daughter's) daycare and the usual potluck multi-family gathering that we go to tomorrow.  I've been thinking about busting out some maternity pants to wear a la Joey.
9.  I've been MIA on my blog again for lots of reasons, but partially because I've been blogging for a challenge at work.  You can find those posts HERE.
8. Lately I have been reading on my Iphone before bed, and liking reading in e format more and more.  This is mostly because G sleeps in my bedroom and goes to bed before me.  However, I don't like using a blue light screen so I'm thinking of asking for a Kindle (or other ereader) for Christmas.  Does anyone have a basic one that they love?
7.  I've been thinking a lot about gratitude lately, and have been keeping a gratitude journal since G was born.   So, I thought THIS article was really interesting.
6.  Can't wait to see Mockingjay Part II. 
5.  Saw Pixar's Inside Out and loved it.
4.  My daughter started daycare at the beginning of the month which has been an adjustment.  It was earlier that I would have started her, but we got a spot at the daycare at my work.  So, I've been going in to the office a couple of days a week.  I had totally forgot how hard on your body sitting at a computer all day is.  I foresee many trips to the chiro in my future.
3. I recently read The Empathy Exams and didn't love it.  I'm not sure I can pinpoint why.  Did you love it? What did you love about it?
2.  I loved Lena Dunham's book.  She might be my spirit animal.  Or a manatee.  Or this smug sloth...
1. I just finished reading Gold, Fame, Citrus and I really really really liked it.  Claire Vaye Watkins is so talented, and I really want to go back and read Battleborn.
 

Comments

Popular Posts