Top Ten Tuesday: Read All Day

The Broke and the Bookish hosts Top Ten Tuesday each week and the topic for today is: Top Ten Books to Read in a Day.  Here are mine:

10. David Levithan, The Lover's Dictionary: I spent an afternoon at a coffee shop reading this, and it was lovely.
9.  John Green, The Fault in Our Stars: Just let yourself have all the emotions, all at once.
8.  Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol: This would make a lovely Christmas tradition...maybe one day.
7. Thomas Pynchon, The Crying of Lot 49: I actually think this needs to be read in one sitting; that is my suggestion for making sense of it.
6. Thomas Harris, Red Dragon: I read this in bed one day when I had mono.  That's not a terribly fond memory, but the book did distract me from the pain.
5. Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games:  I almost didn't put this, but duh.
4.  Craig Thompson, Blankets:  Another lovely afternoon at the coffee shop...
3. Ryan Bradley, Code for Failure:  I just finished this one on a couple of treadmill sessions. 
2.  Grace Dent, How to Leave Twitter: And I finished this one a couple of airplanes, and it actually managed to distract me (I'm a nervous flyer:)).
1. Maira Kalman, And the Pursuit of Happiness: And my loveliest afternoon at the coffee shop.

What books have you read in one day?

Comments

  1. Interesting list--I never would've expected to see Pynchon on anybody's list for today's topic, so well done you on the unexpected!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised by the Pynchon too! And to read The Crying of Lot 49 in a single sitting! whoa. I have two reader's guides for that book and despite its brevity (especially compared to Pynchon's other novels), it usually takes me a week to get through it! I bow down before your reading skillz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you, although any bowing down is undeserved. I was reading the book for a class in graduate school, and every time I put it down, I would forget what was happening. So, I realized that the only way I was going to get it was if I read it without putting it down. So I did.

      Delete
  3. A Christmas Carol would be a great one day read with the family. I might do that when the kids are older.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It took me a little while to get into The Hunger Games. Yet, once I did, I couldn't stop reading it!

    Thanks for visiting Jorie's Reads!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this list! I've read a few on here that I agree were fantastic - like The Hunger Games series - and I have others on my TBR list!

    Tanya
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Blankets!" I just read "Habibi" (in two days, alas) and now I absolutely need to read "Blankets." Craig Thompson is incredible.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments. Thanks for making me a happy blogger.

Popular Posts